3 Mountains of Fun
Mt. Strachan • Black Mountain • Hollyburn Mountain
Cypress is only 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver and is proud to continue to provide our skiers, riders and sliders with the most vertical drop, most terrain, most lifts and best snow conditions on the highest skiing and riding peak of Vancouver’s Legendary North Shore Mountains.
With the best Winter Skiing and Riding in Vancouver, Canada’s most popular Cross Country Skiing Area, a huge Snowtubing Park and our unique Snowshoeing Tours, Cypress truly offers something for everyone!
Downhill Trail Maps
Nordic Trail Maps
Number of Lifts
6 Chair lifts (2 high speed) and 3 surface lifts.
- Lions Express High Speed Quad Chair
- Eagle Express High Speed Quad Chair
- Raven Ridge Quad Chair
- Easy Rider Quad Chair
- Sky Chair
- Midway Chair
- Magic Carpet Lift (for Skooters / Kids Camp)
- Magic-Go-Round Kids Carousel (for Skooters / Kids Camp)
- Snow Tube Tow (Nordic Area)
Number of Ski Runs
53 Ski Runs!
- Beginner (Green) 13% 7 Ski Runs
- Intermediate (Blue) 35% 18 Ski Runs
- Advanced (Black Diamond) 37% 19 Ski Runs
- Expert (Double Black Diamond) 8% 4 Ski Runs
- Freestyle Terrain (Orange) 8% 4 Areas
Longest combination run: 4.1 km (2.5 miles) – T33 into Collins
The Most Runs on the North Shore Mountains!
Night Skiing and Riding
Maelle Ricker’s Gold (Fork & Lower Fork), Jasey Jay (formerly P.G.S), WindJammer, Ashley McIvors’s Gold (Cascade) & Panorama
T33, Horizon, Horizon By-Pass, Humpty Dumpty, Hutch, Rainbow, Shuttle, Collins, Shuttle, Runway, Ripcord, Webb-Site, Lower Bowen, Blaster & Hut Run
Largest Night Skiing and Riding Operation in Western Canada!
Skiable Terrain and Lift Capacity
- Cypress has 600 acres (240 hectares) of skiable terrain
- Lift Capacity – 9000 skiers per hour
Most skiable terrain on the North Shore!
- 610m (2010 ft)
The Highest of the North Shore Mountains!
- Mt. Strachan – 1440 meters (4720 feet)
- Black Mountain – 1200 meters (3940 feet)
- Hollyburn Mountain – 1326 meters (4350 feet)
- Cypress Creek Lodge – 910 meters (2990 feet)
- The Lions – 1646 meters (5400 feet)
The Best Snow Conditions on the Highest Skiing & Riding Peak of the North Shore Mountains!
Average Annual Snowfall
- 1083 cm – over 35 feet! (mid-mountain)
A state of the art fully automatic snowmaking system was installed and ready for the 2007-2008 Winter Season. Snow Making Coverage on Black Mountain includes Maelle Ricker’s Gold (Fork), Jasey Jay Andersons Gold, Ashley McIvers Gold, Panorama, Windjammer and Lower 3 Bears ski runs.
In 2012/13 Cypress expanded the snowmaking system to Mount Strachan to include an additional 12 snowmaking stations on lower Collins.
Cypress Mountain has 42 Snow Guns, 70 hydrant locations and a 22.7 million litre (5 million gallons) reservoir and is designed to provide a minimum of 3000 gallons per minute of water to the snow guns. cypressmountain.com/snowmaking
Located at the upper lot of our Downhill Area, the Cypress Creek Lodge includes the Cypress Creek Grill: a fully licensed cafeteria, Crazy Raven Bar & Grill: a full serviced sit down restaurant, and the Gold Medal Cafe: our coffee shop serving specialty coffees and snacks.
Located on the 1st level of the lodge you’ll also find our ski and snowboard rental shop, repair shop, Big Bear Sports Retail Store, Guest Relations, public washrooms, the ticket office.
Cypress Mountain Resort is committed to being accessible to all. Click here to learn more.
Cypress Mountain provides 3 full sized lots of FREE paved parking adjacent to the main lodge. We also have 1 lot of priority paid parking during peak periods.
Electric Car Charging
Located on the east side of the Cypress Creek Lodge at the very top of the parking lot is 2 electric car charging stations. One is a Tesla Specific charging station and the other is a Clipper Creek High Power Charging Station. Please note the charging stations are located in a lot that has peak period paid parking. Parking fees do apply when paid parking is in effect.
Ski/Snowboard programs are specifically designed to accommodate all types of skiers/riders from entry level right up to the most advanced.
Nordic Area Information
Cypress is one of the most diverse cross country ski area locally, and can accommodate thousands of cross country skiers every day.
- 19 km of groomed/classic track set trails with skating lanes (7.5 kms lit for night skiing)
- Extensive large rental fleets for standard classic technique
- Hollyburn Lodge (built in 1926) – licensed restaurant/warming hut
- Nordic Base Café, base area and upper trail warming hut
- Classic Ski and Skate Ski lessons are available & Nordic Ski School offers, many packages for kids, groups & beginners.
- 2 Warming Huts
- Convenient retail counter for gloves, waxes, sunglasses, touques etc.
The Only Cross Country Ski Area on the North Shore Mountains!
Facilities and Trails
- 10 km of self guided and well marked snowshoe trails (interlaced with in the nordic ski trail network)
- Snowshoe Rental
- Hollyburn Lodge (built in 1926) – Licensed Restaurant
- Nordic Café & 2 warming huts
- Daily Guided Snowshoeing Tours (day time and evening tours available)
- 2 Warming Huts
Snow Tube Park Information
If you’ve never experienced snow or just can’t get enough, our SnowTube area is for you. Feel the thrill of sliding down trails in a snow tube and let our tube tow do all the work getting you back up the hill.
- Tubing Tow accessing 6 chutes; up to 200 tubers can be accommodated for
- Hollyburn Lodge (built in 1926) – licensed restaurant (a short hike away)
- Nordic Base Café
- Base area warming hut nearby
Please note: Height safety requires tubers must be a least 42 inches tall or ages 6+ to ride the tubes.