Cypress Mountain’s Nordic Area is located on Hollyburn Ridge just 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver, right at the city’s door step.
If you want to get out and enjoy winter, Cypress has 11 km of safe, in-bounds self-guided snowshoe trails that run through sub alpine meadows and snowy mountain forests of Hollyburn Ridge.
Our self-guided trails are open daily from 9 am to dusk (last rentals go out 2 hours before dusk).
Self-Guided Snowshoeing Pricing:
|2017/18 Season||Trail Ticket||Combo (Ticket + Rentals)|
|Adult (19 -64)||$12||$30|
|Child (6 -12)||$5||$17|
|Skooter (0 – 5)||$2||$12|
Please note: To ensure the safety of our guests, our snowshoe rentals stop 2 hours before the snowshoe trails close (at sunset) and the last ski rentals go out 1 hour before the trails close for the day/evening.
Snowshoe rentals are not to leave the Nordic ski area boundary.
Snowshoe Trail Hours:
Our season typically runs from December till mid-April. The trails open at 9am and close at sunset. The last rental of the day will go out 2 hours before sunset, and the last ticket sales (for those with their own snowshoes) are 1.5 hours before sunset.
- Opening Day to Jan. 15: 9am to 4pm (last rental at 2pm)
- Jan. 16 to Jan. 31: 9am to 4:30pm (last rental at 2:30pm)
- Feb. 1 to Feb. 15: 9am to 5pm (last rental at 3pm)
- Feb. 16 to Feb. 28: 9am to 5:30pm (last rental at 3:30pm)
- Mar. 1 to Mar. 12: 9am to 6pm (last rental at 4pm)
- Mar. 13 to Mar. 25: 9am to 7pm (last rental at 5pm)
- Mar. 26 to season end trails will close when the mountain closes at 4pm (last rental at 2pm)
Snowshoe Safety & Etiquette:
- Check the weather and trail conditions before heading out. Be prepared for changeable mountain conditions, as weather, visibility and trail conditions can change very quickly.
- Be sure a responsible person knows your plans so that if you are late returning or get lost, a timely search for your rescue can be put into motion.
- Ensure you leave sufficient time to return to the base before the trails close at sunset, as the snowshoe trails are NOT lit for night operations.
- Always follow the bamboo poles and other trail markings. Do not wander off the trail, take short cuts or follow other peoples tracks. If you get disoriented retrace your steps to the last marker.
- When you are required to cross a Nordic Ski trail, please STEP OVER the tracks (groves in the snow for the skiers). Look both ways, watch and listen for both skiers and machinery on ski trails. Skiers and machinery always have the right of way.
- Be aware of natural hazards such as open water, weak snow bridges, open crossings, sinkholes, tree wells, snow falling from the tree canopy, and icy conditions.
- Dogs are not permitted in our trail system.
- Young children are permitted to be carried in backpacks on the snowshoe trails but NOT allowed to be pulled in a sled.
What to Wear:
- The snowshoe straps on to your footwear. Hiking boots or winter boots are best with snowshoes, running shoes can also work, but you may get wet feet. We rent a waterproof overboot which fits over top of your shoe and come up to you knees. They will keep your feet dry while you’re out.
- Wear layered waterproof clothing and be prepared for changeable conditions, which can include snow, wet snow, rain, fog and sunshine. You will warm up as you snowshoe so you don’t need the same amount of clothing you would wear while downhill skiing and riding a chairlift.
Carry the 10 essentials in your pack:
- Extra clothes
- garbage bag/tarp
- candle/fire starter and matches
- flashlight/headlamp with extra batteries
- first aid kit
- map and compass.
Please note: Snowshoe rentals are not to leave the nordic area.
The Fine Print
- Cypress reserves the right to change or cancel programs or alter pricing without notice.
- All tickets, tours, programs and passes are non refundable once purchased.
- Always visit the Nordic Conditions page or call the Snowphone (604-926-5612) for daily operating hours and condition updates before heading up the mountain.
- Prices are in Canadian Dollars.
- Taxes are not included.